Google Chrome, What else ?
How to not talk about this buzz today ? 🙂 It’s a buzz because it’s about Google, and furthermore the announce was done with a comics book !! You can find it here !!
Yes, Google’s launching his own Web browser: the Chrome.
So Why ?
Some guys think that Google was nervous about the anonymous mode of Microsoft’s browser, which is a good argument. Of course, this functionality hide your personal data to the others websites, and so prevent Google to show you their ads, or at least their ads no longer fit to user profile.
Others just think that Google’s guys are just boring. Hum…
And finally some others think that is one more bullet which aim to hit Microsoft’s heart, because the border-line between the Browser and the OS is becoming very thin… very very thin, and Google announced it in the first page:
Anyway, let’s be a Google’s fan (for a moment…a minute…maybe just a second…a nano-second?? ) , google is good, and google did it because they love us !!
So How ?
There are the features, highlights list that I did for all of you who don’t like comics:
- One thread per page, so if a page you lastly opened crash, it doesn’t affect the others pages:
This feature is an excellent idea, unfortunately it happens frequently in Firefox.
- Webkit for rendering engine:
Excellent idea, apple’s product speak for itself. It’s fast !
- Each tab has its own address bar:
It seems logic, because tab now appears as window…
- You could move tabs on one window to the another one:
It could be useful, but for my part I prefer to keep one window, it’s much better to have a clean window…
- Securities improved thanks to Sandbox and auto-updating of malware’s list and phishing’s list. Mmm the Sandbox have to be test… by the community which is more appropriate that Google’s guys… Maybe after some months, I could be convince…
- The welcome Page, by Google, which is a minor functionality but not a less interesting thing. It appears like a Welcome page, but it shows you a thumb of you favourite sites: Good idea !
- anonymous mode… hum is it anonymous for Google’s ads ??? lol
- Tab manager, as window’s task manager, which shows you the memory,the processor took by each page: good idea !
- Chrome, V8 are open source.
So the naive moment past, and the Why?? is coming back from the bottom of my brain… and my answer is simple as :
Take a moment, and think why do we use every day this OS, Window’s System. Because it was cheap ! And so It’s everywhere !!
Even Google is good, is it normal to use, to store, to trust every actions, every data, everything to ONE UNIQUE company !
So if you followed me well, If you like Chrome, stop using Gmail ! 😉